While we were on vacation, I was having some spotting and mild cramps so I made a phone call to my doctor. She wanted me to come in for an early ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay. So, last Wednesday morning I headed to the doctor. The ultrasound went great! The baby looks fine and had a very strong heart beat! I was very relieved to hear that. She also measured the baby and guessed that I was 8 weeks, 3 days along. Below is a picture of our baby....it is a little fuzzy. The baby doesn't look like much of a baby yet...more like an alien or my favorite...a shrimp! The blob to the right is the head. It was very cool to see an ultrasound for the first time!

My doctor said for some women its normal to spot during the pregnancy. So, I'm not too concerned anymore.
The nausea seems to be getting worse now....can't wait to start feeling better again! I still have a little appetite and the food cravings have already kicked in. Right now my favorites are any kind of fresh fruit, almonds, cheese and crackers, and
Arby's roast beef sandwiches. :)
I am also so tired all the time. I go to bed between 8:30 and 10 every night, but I'm still so tired during the day! Sometimes I come home from work and take an hour nap too. But I guess my body is working hard right now so I can expect to be pretty exhausted.
Very cute picture! = ) We had the same issue around the same time! Just wait for the next u/s...the baby will actually look human...in just a matter of a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteAre you craving egg rolls?
ReplyDeleteOr nachos?
ReplyDelete