The baby girl is no longer nameless!!!! After countless baby books and lots of lists, we finally just sat down tonight and decided on a name for our little girl. We are still keeping it a secret until she is born, but it's nice to finally know she has a name! :)
Saturday's birthing class was actually pretty good! I feel like I learned a lot about labor and delivery and Brian got some tips on how to be a good support coach. I'm still trying to decide about the pain medication I will take when the birthing day comes. I'm debating on the epidural or being super woman and doing it naturally. My pain tolerance is pretty low, so I have a feeling I might go as far as I can naturally and then maybe get the epidural...we'll see. We watched a birthing video - wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and Brian survived! I also learned some breathing techniques and the girls in the class got lots of massages when we practiced breathing though contractions - it was kinda nice! The husband who gives the most massages between now and next class will win a prize from our instructors favorite bakery - Brian better get massaging! Our next class is this coming Saturday and I think Brian will get more out of that - we will learn all about caring for newborns.
I haven't been feeling the greatest this weekend. It all started with a stuffy/runny nose and watery eyes on Friday night and I haven't been able to sleep much since then. FYI - there is NOTHING on TV at 3:00 AM except paid programming. I know its just a cold - nothing too serious. So I've been trying to rest and drink lots of fluids this weekend, and tonight I've started to feel better. It just stinks not being able to drug yourself up and pass out! Tylenol Sinus is on my approved list of medications, so I'm going to try that tonight and see if I can finally breathe and get some sleep tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment