Monday, November 2, 2009

We passed! We're ready to have a baby...?

The birthing classes are done! Saturday was our last day and according to our instructor we all passed and are ready to have a baby. Let's hope she's right! Saturday's class covered C-sections (which now terrify me), newborn care, pediatricians, and breastfeeding. Brian and I got to practice our baby swaddling skills on a baby doll. Too bad they didn't teach Brian how to change diapers!

We also got a tour of the hospital. We saw where I have to check in at the labor assessment room, the rooms I will labor and deliver in, and a postpartum recovery room. The tour actually made me more nervous/anxious! I guess it just made it more real to know I will be there in a mere 9-10 weeks giving birth. I'm scared!

1 comment:

  1. We have our childbirth class in mid-Dec and I'm already anxious about it just reading about your experience. I hear ya on the whole "becoming real" thing!

    ReplyDelete