If you happen to find my good sleeper anywhere, could you tell her we miss her and want her to come back!!
Whew - it's been a rough 2 weeks now. Hannah used to sleep through the night - 11 hours, but man have things changed. This darn cold snuck up on us and things have been downhill since then. Hannah is now getting up anywhere between 5- 8 times a night. Brian and I are exhausted. I think she is feeling better - she hasn't had a fever since 2 weeks ago. I took her to the doctor yesterday to make sure her ears weren't bothering her. We actually saw a different doctor to get a second opinion and he said her lungs, chest, throat, and ears look perfect. He said her nose is just a little stuffy. I've been using a humidifier in her room and saline drops in her nose. I suction the snot out - haven't been getting much. I just don't know what to do anymore!
I'm actually starting to think she has a dependency on the pacifier. It seems like she needs it to fall asleep. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, we go in and put the paci in her mouth and she zonks right out....until it falls out. Then she's up again crying for us to put it back in. Something has to change! I can't be up every hour at night. We might go cold turkey with no paci this weekend if things don't change by the end of the week.
She might also be teething right now. The pediatrician said she's too young and she "doesn't think teething really hurts babies". Yeah - she's not my favorite doctor and we will be trying someone new soon. But she's been drooling up a storm and anything she gets her hands on goes straight into the mouth and she rubs her gums with it. So maybe that's what's bothering her at night...? All I know is somethings gotta give soon!
In other news, we tried rice cereal this weekend with Hannah. She's not a fan! She's unsure of the whole spoon thing and makes this yucky face when we put the cereal in her mouth. Then she kind of gags on it like it's the most awful thing she's ever tasted! It's actually kind of cute. So I'm just going to keep on trying with the spoon and a little cereal at night until she gets used to the idea of eating. We're in no rush - but it will be fun for her to start eating REAL food!
Go cold turkey!!! We went through the same thing with Chris! Also you can try oatmeal cereal. It took Chris a week or so to like either of the cereals! Good luck!
ReplyDelete