Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life the Past 2 Weeks....

Sorry for the lack of updates - we've been busy and I was having a little computer trouble.  Anyway, 2 weekends ago we flew to Maryland to visit Gramma and Grampa and Brian and I attended a wedding for one of his high school friends.  We had so much fun and it was great to see everyone - family and friends!

We flew in Thursday night and had all day Friday to hang out with family.  Skylar and I had fun decorating Gramma and Grampa driveway....


Brian got to chit chat with his niece, Skylar.

"Uncle Brian, why do you have white hair on the side of your head?" :)

We got to spend a lot of time outside enjoying the GORGEOUS weather - pool/bathing suit time, corn hole, beers on the patio - it was a nice little mini-vacation.











Grampa with his two Granddaughters!


Hannah LOVED the "pop pop" toy at Gramma and Grampa house.

Hannah got to spend some quality time with her grandparents, Aunt Tanya, Uncle Emory, and cousins while Brian and I attended the wedding.  It was a nice kid-free night and I know Hannah had fun - I heard stories of the park and chocolate milkshakes!!

Brian and I on our "date night" to the wedding!

Congrats Megan and Chris!


The TJ crew at the wedding (including "Michael on a Stick" - a big hit at the wedding!).

Last weekend was my big Warrior Dash race!  Warrior Dash is a 5 K race, but with crazy obstacles (including cargo nets, tires, junk cars, slip in slides, mud, and barbed wire!).


We had to get up super early Saturday morning and drive to Afton Alps for the race.  Hannah had fun dressing up in the back seat.


Ready to go!  I let Cami, Jessi's 5 year old daughter paint my face.  She decided to make me look like a tiger - "so I was scary!".  Hannah was sure scared of Mommy in face paint!


Putting my chip in my shoe - it was official!

Jessi and I were WARRIORS!

The girls hanging out while the Mommies ran the race.

Jessi and I ready to leap over the fire!


WE'RE DONE!!!! (And muddy...)

Jessi and I with our medals for finishing the race!



We also got sweet shirts and Warrior hats!

Some tough Mamas!

I was SO PROUD of myself for participating in the Warrior Dash.  I am by no means "athletic", but I've enjoyed starting to run and hope to keep up with it.  Jessi and I are already looking into a couple more 5Ks this Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey,
    We are so proud of you for running the race! You did an awesome job.
    Love,
    Dad and Mom Dudrow
    Keep going girl warrior!

    ReplyDelete