Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baby Update

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. My blood pressure was a little high, so they want to watch it. I also lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in (probably because I was going through the nausea phase), but the doctor wasn't too concerned. I got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time!!! At first she couldn't find it and I was getting nervous, then all of the sudden a fast "whooshing" sound. She said most baby's normal heart beats are between 120 and 160. Our little one was right up there at around 160 - strong heart!

I am officially at 11 weeks, 5 days today. The ultrasound tech had changed my due date in my chart to Jan 3rd (original due date was Jan 8th). But my Doctor kept it at January 8th. She said they don't change it until the ultrasound reads 5 days from my original due date. So...we may have a New Year's baby coming...we'll see!

For the most part the nausea/morning sickness is pretty much gone. I feel much better and am eating more.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and then another 5 weeks and we get an ultrasound to find out if it's a boy or girl!! I want a girl and Brian wants a boy (of course we both just want a healthy baby). I have a weird feeling it's a boy though. We'll see at the end of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment