Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1 Week Old!

Our first sponge bath - not too bad!
She loves getting her hair brushed! And I love her crossed-eye look here!

Hannah is 1 week old today! I can't believe it! We had a check-up at the pediatrician yesterday and she now weighs 7 lbs, 6 oz. She lost a little weight at the hospital (discharged at 7 lbs, 4 oz.). We have another appointment on Friday for a weight check and hopefully she will be packing on the pounds soon! She is on a vitamin supplement. Since there is no sunlight in Minnesota and it's so cold - it's pretty normal for most babies to have this Vitamin D supplement. Otherwise, everything looks good. She's still a little yellow - but that is slowly going away. She also peed ALL OVER the doctor's table - that's my girl!
Breastfeeding is going well - I'm happy we don't have too many problems. She feeds about every 2.5-3 hours - the night feedings are not my favorite. I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep! I'm having a little trouble burping her - she's a very gassy baby and her upset tummy makes her a little fussy. She has lots of poopy diapers - Daddy's favorite to change! She is very alert during the day with her eyes wide open. She's even started to smile a little! I gave Hannah her first manicure a few days ago - that's a scary experience - baby's hands are so small! We are just so happy she's here and love getting to know her everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment