Friday, January 22, 2010

Support Group!

Hannah and I joined a New Parent Support Group at the hospital down the road from us! After a rough night on Wednesday, I decided that we needed to get out and vent/get advice from other new parents - and maybe make some baby friends! I'm really proud of myself for taking the initiative to join a group - it's better than sitting at home crying by myself. There were only 3 other new mommies in the group and they had older kids (3 and 4 months), but it was nice to talk to them and get their advice since they were just in my place a few weeks ago. I'm hoping more people will join in the next coming weeks. Hannah slept through the entire meeting, but at least she behaved! And I was a little happy about that because I haven't had to breastfeed in public yet. I know that day will eventually come and I'm nervous about it. The other Moms there did feed and change diapers during the meeting, so I felt a little more confident that I can do it too if she decided she's hungry during another meeting.

Oh - and Hannah went 5.5 hours last night in between a feeding - yay for some sleep! She also smiled back at me for the first time this morning - it just melted my heart!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! = ) There is this fabulous BF cover at Babies R Us...it has a ring around the neck so you can see the baby from above! Good job on joining the group--it will help out A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete