Hannah turns 8 weeks old today! She's getting so big and kind of on a routine. I'm happy about the routine part - since I like to be organized and know what's going on! She's still eating about every 2.5-3 hours during the day. Closer to bed time I've been going about 2 hours in between feedings to pump her full of milk. During the day I've been trying to follow a 1-2 hour awake period and then put her down for a nap. We have a pretty decent bedtime routine - bath, screaming bloody murder getting out of the bath and getting dressed in our PJs, I nurse her, we read a book, then it's swaddle time, and I put her in her crib. I no longer rock her to sleep in my arms and ever so carefully put her in her crib and hope she doesn't wake up. That would take hours some nights. Now I put her in her crib sleepy, put the paci in her mouth, and kind of "bounce" her mattress until the eyelids get heavy. She can usually put herself to sleep then - it's been such a treat!
Hannah has decided to give us a little 8 week old birthday present - she SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT last night!!!!!! She fell asleep at 8:30 pm and didn't wake up until 6 am this morning (of course I didn't sleep that long because I kept waking up and looking at the clock and I had to get up and pump). I nursed her at 6 - she went back down at 6:30 and it's now 8 am and she is still sleeping. I can't believe it. She hasn't slept longer than a 5 hour stretch in 9 days. She was consistently getting up around 1 am and 5 am. I just wish she would let me know when she decided to sleep through the night so I know when to get up and pump! It can be such a guessing game. I did get up at 1:45 last night to pump and hope she didn't wake up to nurse any time soon. But man, it was kind of nice not getting up twice in the middle of the night for a diaper change and nursing session. Let's go Hannah - keep it up big girl! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment