A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We spent Thanksgiving in MN - just the 3 of us. So you know what that means - yours truly had to cook Thanksgiving dinner by herself for the very first time. I only made 3 phone calls to my Dad (a master turkey baster - I mean... ummm, the best turkey cook I know), and we were only 45 minutes off my target dinner time!
Hannah's artwork from school - that also doubled as Thanksgiving decor for our dining room.
Hannah's turkey she also made at school, that also doubled as our centerpiece! :)
Hannah watching me cook and starting to get hungry!
Not to toot my own horn, but "toot, toot"! I made some "bomb" gravy. I'm not usually known for my gravy making skills, but I have been improving. Today though, I made the best gravy ever - if there was a prize, I definitely would have come in first place!
Proud of my turkey! This was before I realized it wasn't cooked quite all the way through yet. I used the meat thermometer and it was more than the right temp, but I went to carve it and there were some semi-red juices flowing from the legs. So we had to throw it back in the oven again for a few more minutes. The last thing I wanted was an undercooked turkey and to poison my family. I mean I already did that last Christmas with the dreaded "Food Poisoning Meatballs of 2009" aka the dinner that made Hannah decide to come out of the womb 10 days early! :)
"Okay, okay Mom! I thought you said we were eating at noon! Guess this gives me a couple extra minutes to catch up on all of the great Black Friday ads."
"Peek-a-boo"! Hannah playing with an oven mitt and "helping" me get dinner ready.
Success at last! Hannah's first Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, the world's best gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green bean casserole, and cranberries.
Hannah enjoying her meal! Her favorite by far was the cranberries and stuffing. Oh, and she also enjoyed a little taste of pumpkin pie later! :)
Mmmmmmm!!
Daddy going in for hmmmm...should I say it...okay, twist my arm...THIRDS!!
After all that eating, Hannah decided to show us what she's been working on. She LOVES to pull to a standing position now - in her crib, on the couch, on her activity table, on you.....anywhere! Here she is "walking" on her knees with her lion!
She loves to push her lion around the living room on her knees.
Pulling up to stand at her activity table.
"Look at me Mom!"
And she loves to hear her voice echo. She does it with her nesting ball toy - and with the cup in the bathtub! It's pretty darn cute.
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Although we couldn't be with our family this year, we still had a great holiday with our little family. And we got to Skype with the rest of the family too! We can't wait to head back home for Christmas, Hannah's 1st birthday, and New Years! That was one of our top things we were Thankful for this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment