Friday, August 21, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!


Yay! We found out today at the ultrasound that we are expecting a little baby girl! Thanks for the awesome pic Paige! We called our family to let them know and I had a friend send out a mass text/email for me since we were going straight from the doctors office to the daycare tours (we were really late actually because the baby girl was being a little stubborn....). But, the ultrasound went great - it was amazing to see our girl actually looking human - nothing like the last ultrasound picture! We could see her feet and legs and even her brain, kidneys, bladder, and stomach. She was in the breech position and her behind was sitting on my bladder so I was a little worried that the ultrasound tech wouldn't be able to tell us today. But after some poking around the ultrasound tech said, "Now, those 2 lines are the labia and there are no boy parts down there". I turned to Brian and said, "I TOLD YOU IT WAS A GIRL!".

The baby looks great, heart beat was strong, and she is developing properly. My blood pressure was normal, but I did gain 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks! I guess it was about time I started putting on some weight... I will admit that I did have a Big Mac craving last week - I never eat at McDonald's!!! Guess I should start eating a little healthier...

We were scheduled to tour 3 daycares near our house today, but since the doctors appointment took a little longer than we were expecting, we only made it to 2 and had to reschedule the last one for next Friday. It seems a little early to start looking into daycares, but we are right on track to ensure we have a spot when my maternity leave is up.

Plans for this weekend include painting our kitchen and starting to narrow down names for our baby girl! Brian also wants to paint the baby room before he heads back to grad school, so we may pick out bedding and paint the nursery sometime soon. I can't believe we finally know that we are having a girl!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea, how fun!! Can't wait to hear the name choices...it's super hard!

    ReplyDelete