Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Months Old and Shots!

Hannah turns 2 months old today! Yay!



At 2 months old - here's what Hannah has been up to:

-She's been sleeping through the night since last Monday night! I don't want to jinx it just yet, but it has been SO NICE to finally get some decent solid sleep. She's been going to bed between 7:30-8:30 PM and sleeping until 5-6 AM. I nurse her when she wakes up and she will usually go back to bed for another 2 hours. That will have to stop when I go back to work - but it's been nice!

-She's becoming a better napper during the day. After reading "The Happiest Baby on the Block", "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", and "The Baby Whisperer" books I've starting sleep training Hannah and it's paying off! She will take about 4 good naps during the day anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hr and 45 minutes. I really think that the naps during the day are helping her to sleep better/longer at night!

-Hannah eats about every 2.5 hours during the day and about 6-7 times a day. She gets 1 or 2 bottles of BM a day (we're trying to get her ready for daycare!) and the rest of the time I nurse her.

-She's a very smiley baby - she loves when you change her diaper most of the time and will just smile away!

-She likes when you sing to her - especially "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "If You're Happy and You Know It".

-She likes her swing - I've found that setting it on the highest setting can put her to sleep! Brian thinks its a little too fast - he makes jokes that it's like a roller coaster and it's so fast that she can't even cry. :)

-She's starting to notice objects and acts like she want to bat/smack/hit them.

-Her hands are still in fists most of the time. I try and relax them and tell her to just explore!

-She still HATES tummy time! Yesterday and today we got her to tolerate it for a good minute before she started screaming - so I like to think we are making progress.

-Hannah will stick her tongue out at you if you stick your tongue out at her! She loves moving her mouth and making noises with her tongue and lips.

-Her reflux medicine seems to be helping! This may also have a little to do with her better sleeping habits. She still spits up hours after eating, but then smiles instead of cries in pain.

-Lately in the morning when I go to get her after she wakes up she will have wiggled herself in a completely different position than where we laid her down for bed! The best was when she was at the complete opposite of the crib and at a 90 degree angle.

-She sleeps swaddled with her arms down and with white noise. I also think this helps with her sleeping.

-She's starting to like baths more and more every day. We try to do one every night as part of the bedtime routine. I only wash her hair every other day or so. Getting out of the bath is a different story - we're working on trying to keep the bathroom warm. I think the main problem was she was cold and would get cranky. What do you expect during winter in Minnesota....

-I'm starting to read her a book before bedtime every night too as part of the routine. She seems to enjoy it, except when she's really tired/overtired and cranky. Then story time doesn't usually happen.

-Hannah hasn't been able to fit in newborn size clothes since about 5-6 weeks old and is now getting a little big for some of her 0-3 month old clothes! We're going to have to go shopping soon (thanks Grandma for the spending money!).

-The size 1 diapers are getting a little tight on our Chunky Monkey as well. We'll move up a diaper size soon! (As soon as we finish that box of darn Huggies - those diapers DO NOT hold in the poo - we end up with lots of blow outs!)

-Hannah's new nicknames are "Stiffs" and "Stinks". She just gets so rigid sometimes and won't bend. She sometimes won't bed her legs and she always gets a stiff arm when I'm trying to undress her! The "Stinks" is pretty obvious - she's been having some massively gross diapers and will toot up a storm! Pretty sure she could out-fart some of the manliest men! :)




She LOVES looking at herself in the mirror. I bought this one for her crib, but we've been using it more on the floor when we are "playing". I'm afraid if I put it in her crib she would never sleep because she is SO vain and can't stop looking at herself! She loves looking in the mirror when we give her a bath too!


I introduced Hannah to her baby doll yesterday. She is so intrigued by her!


Hannah's baby doll is actually my old cabbage patch doll from when I was a baby! My Mom found it in the attic, washed and fabreezed it, put some new clothes on her and she's good as new! I don't know what I named the doll when I was little, but Hannah and I have decided to name her Mallory. Mallory is one of the names I wanted to name Hannah so I figured next best thing was to name her doll that name! :)


Hannah also went to the pediatrician today for her 2-month check-up and first round of vaccines. I was more nervous for the shots than she was! :) She cried when they gave her the oral vaccine and did one of those awful cries where she turns beet red, mouth wide open, doesn't breathe for what seems like forever cries when they poked her poor little legs. I'm more traumatized than her now.
Here are her stats:
Height - 23 1/2 inches (90%) - she's tall!
Weight - 11 lbs, 12 oz. (75%)




No comments:

Post a Comment