Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of School and Back to Work

I started back to work on Thursday and Hannah also started daycare. It's definitely been an adjustment that we are both trying to get used to. Brian and I both dropped her off in the morning - we said our goodbyes in her infant room and I watched her from the window outside and started tearing up. Then I called my Dad in the car on my way to work and cried! I called in the morning to check up on her and Miss Lori said she was doing just fine! I only worked a half day on Thursday and picked Hannah up around 1:30 so we could go to our Mommy Therapy class - so it wasn't too bad of a transition. And I'm glad I picked her up early because she laughed for the first time that afternoon!!! I would have been really upset if I missed that!

Hannah and I in the morning before our big day!

Friday was a little harder - it was a full day for both of us. I made the mistake of calling daycare in the morning to check up on her. They told me she only took a 20 minute nap and they had trouble giving her the bottle. So I sat at my desk and cried! My poor co-workers think I'm an emotional wreck! So I'm going to try and not call next week and just let work distract me so I don't think about Hannah and what she's doing all day. Brian and I both picked up Hannah Friday after work. She had only napped for about an hour and a half throughout the day (with 5 or 10 minute naps here and there)! I was shocked! My weeks of sleep training seem to be going right out the window - she usually napped for at least 3 hours during the day when I was home with her on maternity leave. She naps at home with her arms swaddled down (otherwise she rubs her eyes and hits her face and wakes herself up). But at daycare they can't do that - so she's not sleeping as well. So it was a rough Friday night with an overtired cranky girl! But she did sleep 11.5 hours straight last night - she must have been exhausted! So it will take some getting used to for both of us - I'm hoping she falls into her own schedule at daycare soon.

Daddy and Hannah before work and school.

This is how I found Hannah this morning - after her 11.5 hour sleep. She was completely 180 degrees from where I put her down for bed!!! :)


Hannah has also been rolling over on her side in the mornings and after naps! It's so cute! She won't do it when we play on the floor though - only in her crib. Today she was kinda stuck on her side and didn't know what to do! Maybe she will roll over soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment